"Originally a saw-mill occupied the third privilege on this stream....The building was later destroyed by fire, and the dam was washed away. November 10, 1905, Benjamin O. Paine, who was formerly located at Bramanville bought the privilege, rebuilt the dam, moved a large storehouse on the site of the old mill, and equipped the place for the manufacture of edge tools. He also installed a steam plant to supplement the water power, which failed occasionally in dry seasons. In 1912, electricity took the place of steam."
Centennial History of the Town of Millbury, Massachusetts, 1915
|B.O. Paine plugging chisel|
|B.O. Paine jointers (bottom, third from bottom)|
|B.O. Paine Co. stamp|