Albert Louis Swett (1850-1924) founded the iron works in 1889, when Swett bought out his previous partnership with William H. Samson, known as the Medina Manufacturing Co., then as Samson & Swett from 1873 to 1889.
|A.L. Swett 10" x 10" tamper, maple handle|
The foundry was run by son Raymond Fuller Swett (1885–1961) after his father's death. The company ceased operating in January 1961, laying off 40 employees, and the corporation was dissolved 10 Feb., 1983.
Swett's 1923 catalog is on Archive.org, but it does not include the brick carrier.
|A.L. Swett brick carrier|