|Meersbrook Works, 1940 catalogue|
1837 – Joseph Tyzack (1813-1891) started in business. After Thomas Tyzack (1842-1923) joined his father, it was renamed Joseph Tyzack & Son. "Thomas married and had three daughters, Cassandra, Minnie and Rose, and two sons, George and Clement. Clement (1877-1918) took over from his father and was succeeded by joint managing directors, Minnie (1879-1970) and Rose (born 1882).” (WK Fine Tools)
1876 – Thomas Tyzack built Meersbrook Works, Valley Road, Heeley, later part of Sheffield. Parts of Meersbrook Works survives today.
1942 – Joseph Tyzack & Son joined Isaac Nash of Wollaston Mills, Stourbridge, Worcestershire to form Nash Tyzack Industries Ltd.
|June 1951 letter confirming merger|
1960 – Brades and Nash Tyzack Industries was acquired by Spear and Jackson, which kept its name.
1962 – Brades and Nash Tyzack Industries merged with C.T. Skelton and Co. of Sheffield to form Brades, Skelton and Tyzack, also called the BST Group.
1967 – Brades, Skelton and Tyzack became part of Spearwell Tools of Wednesbury, Staffordshire, with the following amalgamated firms: Brades and Nash Tyzack Industries Ltd., Edward Elwell Ltd., Edward and William Lucas Ltd., Isaac Nash & Sons Ltd., C.T. Skelton & Co. Ltd., Spear & Jackson Ltd., Thomas Staniforth & Co. Ltd.
|J. Tyzack & Son Centenary double hang finishing trowel|
|J. Tyzack & Son Canadian pattern brick trowel|